Thursday, March 21, 2013

When The Sun Goes Down

When the sun goes down, 
are you angry?
Are you hurting?
When the sun goes down,
have you been grateful for the day and 
for it's small treasures?
When the sun goes down,
have you forgiven others, 
let go of your grudge, 
or your contempt?
When the sun goes down,
are you worried, stressed,
and anxious?
When the sun goes down,
are you thankful for another day,
because each one is such a gift?
When the sun goes down,
are you thinking of those in need,
who could use a friend or helping hand?
When the sun goes down,
have you acknowledged God
and His awesomeness? 

I've been trying to be mindful about these things before the sun goes down each night.
I can answer "yes" to some and "no" to some. I'm a work in progress as I'm guessing you are too.
But it all starts with being mindful, and letting things go that need to go. And recognizing what needs to be
recognized. So much of the time we don't want to do the hard work and look at ourselves--we don't want to know where our hearts are, because then we have to deal with it. Who wants to do that?

I'm realizing when I do deal with it, I'm lighter. I'm freer. It's easier to let go of all that I hold so tightly too. So much of it that isn't even good for me. This clears my mind, my heart and my body.

What's waiting for you at sunset?


Photobucket