Monday, March 11, 2013

Around Here



It still looks like Christmas around here folks, and we all couldn't be more stir crazy for Spring! I think I'm convinced it's not going to happen :/
But at least it's been a beautiful winter!



I finally bought this donut maker I've been wanting, it went on clearance at Target so I snagged it up!
YUM, seriously, so good!


I love the winter light seeping in through my bedroom window.


I have a new little corner in my house, and I love it!
I think I will tweak it here and there, but so far so good.


And ya, I turned---{cough cough}, 39!!!


I was determined to NOT wear boots on my birthday, so I wore my cute new clogs. Svens, check them out!


A pretty cupcake from my sister!


Good coffee, LavAzza is my fave!



The three of us had some fun with the mirrors at the Mall of America.


Pretty packages in the mail!


I received some really precious gifts, but this one held such a huge spot in my heart. It's from a reader, turned good friend, and this is my profile and it's a map of Italy! I adore it SO much.




I've been getting a lot of embroidery done, I have 8 hoops hanging in a shop in Wisconsin!
Here are some I have shipped off!



Also been making lots of dishcloths, they are my favorite to use so I'm trying to replace my other ones.


I've been watching The Forsyte Saga, anyone else? I love it!!! Been crocheting a basket while I do that.
It turned out pretty well, there are a few imperfections, but who or what doesn't have imperfections?


Along with donut makin I made a Pumpkin Spice cake, my family went nutso!



This sour cream peach pancake recipe is seriously the bomb. My husband kept his eyes closed the whole time while eating them! The recipe is from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook.


We made Gnocchi with my dad and it was awesome, ever make it? They turned out splendidly!


Coffee dates with my husband have been nice.





Coffee date with dad.


Visiting my artist friend Lois at the home, and admiring her studio.
Her Frida is amazing.


Winter has wore Nells out--he was just diagnosed with Arthritis in his hips and knees really bad--he's doing much better though on his new meds and supplements, thank goodness!



Madelynn auditioned live at Bethel for a music scholarship--she sang two pieces, she was incredible. This girl works so hard, so proud.


My popcorn grannies are really coming along, I have 46 so far, and I need about 80 for a full afghan!



Peppermint tea for an upset tummy and lots of knitting!



What have you been up too?



Photobucket